Chicken Ziti with Artichokes and Spinach
The Game Plan
1. In Dutch oven, heat water, 1 can evaporated milk, the salt, garlic and pasta to simmering over medium heat. Simmer 12-14 min., stirring frequently, until is tender.
2. In medium bowl, beat remaining can of evaporated milk and the cornstarch; stir in chicken and artichoke hearts. Add to mixture in Dutch oven; return to simmering, and continue to simmer 1-3 min. or until thickened and mixture coats back of spoon.
3. Remove from heat; stir in half of the cheese and the lemon juice. Stir until cheese melts, then add remaining cheese (reserving 1/4 cup for serving, if desired) and butter; stir again.
4. Add spinach and stir until wilted. Serve with reserved cheese and pepper.
- Chicken and Pasta Dinners