Chicken Fajita Macaroni and Cheese
The Game Plan
1. Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 glass baking dish withcooking spray. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
2. Meanwhile, in Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Addchicken; cook 4-6 minutes, stirring occasionally until no longer pink in center. Stir in bell pepper, chiles and onion;cook about 2 minutes longer or until onions just start to soften. Add taco seasoning mix and water. Simmer 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until slightly thickened. Transfer to bowl and reserve.
3. In4-cup glass measuring cup, mix milk and whipping cream. Return Dutch oven to medium heat; melt butter. Add garlic, cook 30 seconds, stirringfrequently. With whisk, stir in flour and salt until smooth. Cook and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
4. Gradually stir in milk mixture. Increase heat to medium-high; heat to boiling, stirring occasionally. Boil and stir 1 minute; reduce heat to medium. Stir in cheeses. Cook until melted; stirring occasionally. Stir in pasts and reserved chicken mixture. Remove from heat. Pour mixture into baking dish.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until sauce is bubbly. Sprinkle crushed tortilla chips and greenonions on top.
- Chicken and Pasta Dinners